The Best All In One Printer For The Mac

Reaction score
I just got a 6380 for Christmas, I'm having problems connecting it wirelessly to my MBP, and my pc through the Airport Extreme. Any suggestions, or settings that need to be changed in Airport Utility? They both recongize the printer, but say its unavaible, but is on the network and tested out good? Thanks in advance.

To self, and for others to use info, must have APE wireless set to "distribute a range of ip address'", not "bridge mode". I hope this helps somebody.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
Chaps, word of caution on HP printers. They took forever to update their drivers for Leopard and in many cases still have not done so, leaving people stuck with expensive bricks (many threads in this forum and HP forums). With Snow Leopard somewhere close I would not buy an HP if it was the last printer on the planet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
I have a HP C7280 and it works fine. It is connected it to the Airport Extreme via Ethernet and all functions are available wirelessly as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Has anyone been able to disable the intrusive messages on HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one (and maybe other models)? Constant reminders several simultaneous reminders that the paper is out...etc. I'll be looking for the best replacement soon for my iMac.

Reaction score
Chaps, word of caution on HP printers. They took forever to update their drivers for Leopard and in many cases still have not done so, leaving people stuck with expensive bricks (many threads in this forum and HP forums). With Snow Leopard somewhere close I would not buy an HP if it was the last printer on the planet.

I'd agree with this. I have an HP 3052 All-in-one and it took about a year to get scan back when I upgraded to Leopard. Now, it is 6 months after the release of Snow Leopard, and again, I cannot scan anything with my HP. Brilliant.

Reaction score
Hey guys... I had a HP Officejet 4860 and it wouldn't print. Kept telling me I had a paper jam and HP ends up saying there are some "issues" with mac compatibility!

Does anybody have any information about the HP Officejet Pro 8500? All I need it to do is scan and print. Nothing crazy lol.... Will this one have the phantom jam like my 4860 did?

Thanks! Solo

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
For those interested in wireless printing and scanning this can be done with the Canon MP980 or 990. I found the setup to be something of a pain under Leopard and particularly under Snow Leopard. If I recall correctly a couple of restarts are involved and the initial setup required the printer be attached via USB for initial setup even if you are going to use it wirelessly.

Canon's directions are a giant pain when it comes to network setup (particularly wireless). At one point I connected the printer to my Time Capsule and ran that way for a bit. This arrangement works but you loose some functionality such as the printer utilities.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.