• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Band Name Story Game

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
I started this on another forum and it seemed to work quite well, so I thought I'd introduce it here.

I though of this while listening to the song Metal Crue, by Sabaton. It is made up of band names in the lyrics.

Basically, I start a line of a story featuring a band name, and the next person replies by adding another line to the story with another band name in (underline the band name so it stands out).

I'll start and see how it goes!

-----

Once upon a time, there was a man who lived in a Metal Church

Reaction score
Once upon a time, there was a man who lived in a Metal Church and he was obsessed with hanging his washing out on Skyhooks.

<I included a linky to the band>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Once upon a time, there was a man who lived in a Metal Church and he was obsessed with hanging his washing out on Skyhooks. One day, whilst doing his washing, he fell and scraped his elbow!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
He said to himself, "Oh no! I'm bleeding everywhere!" He realized he bled all over a greeting card that fell from his backpack.
"My Bloody Valentine card! I've got no time to get to the shop to get a new one before I meet Beatrix tonight!"

OP
wicker_man
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
Once upon a time, there was a man who lived in a Metal Church and he was obsessed with hanging his washing out on Skyhooks. One day, whilst doing his washing, he fell and scraped his elbow! He said to himself, "Oh no! I'm bleeding everywhere!" He realized he bled all over a greeting card that fell from his backpack.
"My Bloody Valentine card! I've got no time to get to the shop to get a new one before I meet Beatrix tonight!"

He then realised he needs to get to a hospital fast because his cut was serious and there was 3 Inches Of Blood on the floor.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Luckily his friend Reggie was around. He said, "We need to get you to the hospital fast, but it's miles Davis!"

M

MacHeadCase

Once upon a time, there was a man who lived in a Metal Church and he was obsessed with hanging his washing out on Skyhooks. One day, whilst doing his washing, he fell and scraped his elbow! He said to himself, "Oh no! I'm bleeding everywhere!" He realized he bled all over a greeting card that fell from his backpack.

He then realised he needs to get to a hospital fast because his cut was serious and there was 3 Inches Of Blood on the floor. Luckily his friend Reggie was around. He said, "We need to get you to the hospital fast, but it's miles Davis!"

Reggie was a strong, towering Gentle Giant.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
So Reggie and I piled into his Galaxie 500 and headed off to the clinic. He said to me, "Don't let it bleed all over my seats!"

(ok, so i snuck an extra band and song title/album title in there!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
The blood was flowing so freely it was INXS of what should be leaking from one's body.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It probably wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been burning the MIDNIGHT OIL so much lately

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 1.83ghz Core Duo. 512mb ram. Macbook 13.3", 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1gig am
Then he realised, Sherbert should not be eaten on the Black Sabbath

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
But Davis still needed his elbow fixed, and he had faith no more that Reggie was the man to get him to the hospital in time. So he threw on a helmet he found in the back of the car and dove out of the car, skinning his knees and elbows on the pavement, leaving blood all over the white stripes.

(sorry, ran with it a bit!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The white stripes were famous for the cover of Abbey Road and The Beatles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 1.83ghz Core Duo. 512mb ram. Macbook 13.3", 2.16Ghz Core 2 Duo, 1gig am
Just then everyone was suddenly transported to the Soundgarden. The Pixies had sent them there to see the Crazy Frog. It was only then that they all said YES lets have some Chemical Brothers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All the little people were wondering if They Might Be Giants

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With this, she said dead can dance but only if you will be my audioslave. Feel the Dragonforce and embraceme. Go to the Fear Factory and Laibach and think of England

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.