TalkTalk internet connection

Reaction score
I would appreciate some help.
Over the last two weeks I have to reset the TalkTalk router every morning to enable me to connect to the internet.
Before I start the computer I disconnect the Ethernet cable and switch the power to the router off. Wait 10min, reconnect, switch power to the router on, start the computer. I can then use the internet—no problem. But the Internet and LAN lights on the router are constantly flashing—as if trying to maintain the connection.
Rob

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The internet and LAN lights flashing indicates data transmission and is totally normal behavior on a great many routers. You haven't told us what specific router you have.

To reset a router you only need to unplug the power cable... for 30 seconds.

Not even sure you are having a problem if you are doing all of this "before" you start the computer every morning.

OP
R
Reaction score
Router

I am using the TalkTalk's supplied router.
I carry out the procedure, mentioned, because when I have logged in, most mornings, the internet is not available, consequently, it is quicker to reset the router before I start the day.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
TalkTalk offers at least a half dozen routers currently, not to mention any old ones that may be still sitting in people's homes.

Need better specifics of the issue. You're booting up and first thing you do is open the browser and doesn't connect immediately? Have you waited for a minute before trying to connect? Have you been into Sys Pref - Network - Advanced - TCP/IP and tried renewing DHCP lease?

A router needing to be reset often can mean issues with the line between your service provider and you. Most of the time, it's time for the router to be replaced. Most service providers are not going to replace their provided router until you have called their support with the exact same issue several times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.