Synology DS212J and iMac M1 running Ventura?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
My NAS box has been sat isle for a while due to other happenings and I am now trying to use it again on my iMac M1 on Ventura, but I can't get the thing to recognise it.

Had anyone any idea how I can find if it's even compatible with my iMac please? I have tried and can't find the info about it :cry:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How are you connecting to it? I have a Synology DS420+ that I used with my M2 MBP, M2 MBA and other devices in the house without any issues.

I connect to it using the browser for any administrative stuff and AFP to access the file as a network storage device.

As a NAS, there really isn't a compatibility thing you have to worry about here since the NAS supports AFP, SMB, Winbios for networking interfaces which covers Mac, Windows and Linux.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.