Syncing contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Again,
Unless there is an answer this is the last time I'll bother you all as no one seems to be interested. My problem, according to several Internet sites, stems from Apple obliging Maverick (10.9.5) users to sync via iCloud and until anyone proves otherwise I'll take that as a fact.
>> Does anyone know whether a downgrade to Mountain Lion will enable me to sync my iPhone?
>> Does anyone know of a "third party" application I could purchase that will enable me to sync my iPhone?
Any replies and suggestions gratefully accepted.
Garoolgan

Reaction score
Sorry one more thing I just thought of:
If I sell my iPhone and buy an Android would I be able to sync an Android phone with the Contacts on my Mac Book?
Garoolgan

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
You know I wrote a long reply to you last night but lost my internet connection (I am on the south coast of Bali) using 3G on my iPhone. Also lost reply. A couple of things; iCloud services are a take what you want and leave the rest deal. You don't have to buy the whole farm. I still sync my iPhone to my MacBook Pro. I sync my contacts and calendars via iCloud because it works. I don't use iCloud Drive or Photo Library but I do use Photo Stream to sync my photos across my devices in case I loose one. I don't sync my passwords to the cloud because I don't trust remote servers. There are other examples like I never use Face Book to log into sites because I don't want to give away my FB contacts to some site with no security. The point is 50 years ago we didn't have a World Wide Web now we take it for granted. Cloud based services are here to stay and in 10 years we will wonder how we managed without it. Take what you need and keep control of what you have.
Lastly retrograde installs are difficult with all operating systems and the few apps available for info transfer from android to Mac are not very good.

Reaction score
Rod,
Thanks for your Bali reply but I will not accept iCloud because I don't trust it at all. I would rather even migrate to Linux if I absolutely have to. If this is the way Apple wants to work they will have lost myself (in the log run) as a client for iPhones and MacBooks and how many others?. As it is, I've been subject to their stupid MagSafe connector change which as far as I can see has no earthly purpose except maybe to increase momentarily their sales of chargers. Then came the Notes change...... both as with the syncing problem without any warning to users so I was to say the least, quite unhappy (!) with Apple anyway not to say what I think of them now. Also my postings complaining about the necessity of using iCloud on Apple Support Communities have been wiped! If they think that they're God Almighty, I don't !
Garoolgan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Also my postings complaining about the necessity of using iCloud on Apple Support Communities have been wiped! If they think that they're God Almighty, I don't !

It's their forums and they do moderate them quite strictly. However, it sounds like you're very unhappy with Apple, so maybe the best thing for you to do is to move on to something else and no longer purchase Apple products. Therefore, we will consider this thread closed. Thanks for your participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.