strange volume issues.

Reaction score
Using APPLE MUSIC: So when I play a track, and then pause it, when I bring it back in the volume is noticeably louder. It does this whether I restart it using the pause button, or press the space bar. And I did try restarting the computer, and quitting and restarting the app, but the result is the same. Why is it doing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What Mac?
What macOS?
External or internal speakers?

OP
S
Reaction score
MacBook Air, 13 inch, 2020. Monterey 12.2.1. It's happening on both my internal and external speakers, and also when wearing headphones. Heres what happens: I am in the middle of a song, I pause the song, then press the space bar to continue, but it comes back in MUCH louder. Then after a few seconds it drops the volume back to where the level is so soft that I need to increase it. Very strange.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
3 things to try;

NVRAM reset,
SMC reset,
Safe mode,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.