Stop itunes being default?

Reaction score
Every time I put an audio CD in my machine, itunes starts up. How can I stop this?
Thank you
Justin

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Open System Preferences, Click on CD's & DVD's then see pic below. Change it to your liking.

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
In the top right of each post there is a number. Click on that to get a link just to that individual post.

OP
J
Reaction score
The most senile thing ever thought about man is contained in the celebrated saying 'the ego is always hateful'; the most childish is the even more celebrated 'love thy neighbor as thyself'. -- In the former, knowledge of human nature has ceased, in the latter it has not yet even begun. Friedrich Nietzsche

I must say that sounds rather queer. From a Buddhist perspective both those saying make quite good sense. If you take the "ego" to be that which we take to be our "self", a self-existing entity as a separate and independent reality, then I wonder if it would not be hateful? It has to defend its existence for a start. It is putting itself perhaps somewhat against "other" already. Where else would the foundation of hate lie?

Since there is no actual independent thing existing to be called a "self" - that is, what we presumed to be the "ego" actually never was - a person would realize that he is indeed not separate from anyone nor anything else, as such. In that way one's neighbor is indeed ones self, as much as what we previously took to be oneself, is. Therefore where would there not be love for ones neighbor as oneself?

This is not an intellectual matter.

This Nietzsche fellow sounds a funny chap!
Justin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I'm replying to this in a PM, before we go way off topic...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.