• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Sticky windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Wife texts her handy husband on a cold and frosty morning, WINDOWS FROZEN, WON'T OPEN"......

Husband texts back "GENTLY POUR SOME LUKEWARM WATER OVER THE EDGES,
THEN TAP EDGES SHARPLY WITH A HAMMER".....

Wife texts back 5 minutes later, LAPTOP REALLY BUGGERED NOW.

Good idea to have a Mac, especially for a rainy day??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Have you heard the one about Mac and cheese? ;)

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
No? How do it go??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Just kidding.

But I did see a cute commercial: Wife/Mother looking frantically through her kitchen cupboards... Cut to the attic: Kid sitting amongst pots and pans. He says, "Last time I went to camp, they had mac and cheese without me..."

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pray tell dear sir, what is this 'mac and cheese' ?? Is it a delicacy from the western side of the pond :\:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Macaroni and cheese. Don't have your way? Poor devils in the backwoods!

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No. We have to put up with foie gras with figs, magret de canard, cassoulette and the like.

Probably oysters too? ****, but somebody has to do it..:Cool::Cool:

Cheese? Roquefor, tom de brebis, frias ou vieux and more than I could ever list. domage :Smirk::Smirk:

Oh, and to add to the ****. Living in the largest vinyard in the world really takes its toll. all that wine and so little time. Plus having to pay up to 7 or 8€ a bottle at times too :*:*

M

MacInWin

Another story, this one sadly true:

Tech Support: How can I help you?
Caller: I need another PC, this one has a broken cup holder.
Tech Support: Cup holder?
Caller: Yes, that cup holder that comes out of the little slot in front. It's broken off when I put too big a cup in it.
Tech Support: Ma'am are you talking about the CD tray?
Caller: <silence>
Tech Support: Ma'am?
<click>

We did replace her PC, this time give her one without a "cup holder."

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That reminds me of a phone call I had in former life when I was employed as a hardware engineer for that small American company many of you may have heard of. IBM?

That was back in the late 80s when System 34s were still in use and I was in the HSC, Hardware Service Centre in West London. I was trying to help a bloke with a Sys34. He just happened to be the financial director and as such because he had bought the machine he was the boss of it. He was having a problem with the floppy disk drive, the 7 inch floppy drive. It wouldn't recognise that the disk when it was shoved in.

My first question was "have you put the disk in the correct way?" He said that of course he had, but then he thought again, because the normal operator was away for the day. He put the phone down and a couple of minutes later came back with a very large apology saying that it was the wrong way round! :Blushing::Blushing:

After that it worked fine. I was there for a year, talking on the phone to customers and engineers all over the U.K. and it was fascinating and very educating to boot :Cool::Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.