• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Steve Jobs and the Giuness World Records

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I didn't know where to put this , but I heard somewhere our Steveness owns the record for the worlds lowest paid (in cash) CEO. $1 per year supposedly. Is this true?

I'm sure he'd get cash from stock and company gifts ect to live of though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
Smart man! the tax benefits are both legal and awesome! as a business owner, i'll tell you there are tons of laws that protect and support smart business owners. the 20/80 rule stands strong worldwide. it's not the situation you were 'gifted' with, but what you did with the situation. and Steve has shown very worthy of being in the 20% group. Rock on, Steve!

a quick google shows tons of mentions about his $1 income, TimeMagazine included. i don't have time to dig up the actual guinness records.

Reaction score
i heard he also keeps his salary that way so that he can collect the group medical benefits as a paid, full-time employee. forgot where i read that. very smart though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Very smart business move. It works very well in his favor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Yeah, I remember reading that in the 2002 edition. He's a genius.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Poor guy. But don't worry, he'll make plenty off those back-dated stock options!! J/K!! ;)

I'm sure he makes more monetary compensation than that, at least, as far as the IRS is concerned. Any expenses paid for him by the company, like a company car, would be considered income as well.

I think all publicly traded companies have to disclose all executive compensation in their 10-K. If you want to find out for sure, just go to to Apple's investor relations site. Be warned, after reading about 20 or so 10-K's in the past 4 months for school, I can tell you that they are a little boring to read!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
Quite a few people have followed him through. When you're as rich as he is, work is just a fun thing to do rather than a job and therefore a salary aint really needed. And of course the tax thing. And the fact that he actually gets paid less than anyone else in the world...

Last year he earned over $600 million!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.