Starting a new iMessage

Reaction score
When I begin to write a new message on my iPhone 5 and start to write names in the address bar, I get so many suggestions for who to send my message to that shouldn't be there. I have suggestions for group messages that I deleted long ago or strange things like a single contact in a "group message" with themselves 600 times--which, I might add, obviously never existed. I don't know any way to get rid of these weird suggestions that slow down my messages app considerably.

For clarification: when you go to address an iMessage (pretend it's to "Bob") and you've only typed a "B" so far, there are suggestions like "Bill," "Bob," "Brad," maybe a group message with "Bob, Jim, and Fred," etc. that should be there. On mine, however, there are also old group messages that may have included Bob two years ago but they've been deleted for two years. There's even a listing that says "Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, & 600 others" (which I can only assume are 600 other Bobs). It's very annoying and I would love to get rid of this. Thank you for your time!

OP
B
Reaction score
RgXDCRo.jpg

Image for reference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.