Standalone Numeric Keypads don't work on my OS X

Reaction score
I have a dual-booted OS X 10.7.5 and Ubuntu 12.04 2011 Mac Mini. All standalone numeric keypads (of which I have several) work on linux and none work on OS X. My research on Google suggest to do things like pressing the Num Lock key while plugging in the device. These methods have not proven successful with any of several keypads.

I'd welcome a solution. For instance, are drivers available? I hope that it helps to include data from the device tree.
From the USB device Tree I have the following info on a Belkin USB stand - alone numeric keypad
Code:
NUM LOCK Keypad:
Product ID: 0x3200
Vendor ID: 0x0566 (Monterey International Corp.)
Version: 2.10
Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Monterey
Location ID: 0xfa123300 / 10
Current Available (mA): 100
Current Required (mA): 70
I'm hoping to get this resolved. I find it strange that these devices work on Linux but not on Mac.
Also, I note that I am unable to paste into this editing window...
regards
tim

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think your solution is a genuine Apple keyboard. Always wondered if anyone used the numerics keys!

OP
T
Reaction score
Think your solution is a genuine Apple keyboard. Always wondered if anyone used the numerics keys!
Please read my edited edition and I hope to get other responses here. I don't want to get an apple keyboard.
They'll take away my Happy Hacker Keyboard when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.;D
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Good luck then and better to include HAPPY HACKER stuff first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.