SPOD during new install

Reaction score
:(I've tried 4 times to load 10.6 onto Macmini 1.66 core duo but after introduction screen or region screen or choose keyboard screen comes the spinning ball. Disk Util reports ok and reformatted twice and once zeroed all. New HDD and new install USB. Is this the end of Maccy?:(

Reaction score
no but what i would do is get a new copy of the installer and create a new install disc and re install

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks tylerkmoore1
I just bought a dvd from Apple £20. May arrive this week and I'll post outcome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP does not need a USB thumb drive as he/she has purchased theretail install DVD. And gently Maccy is coming up to nine years old. It computer speak equals an A model Ford!

OS X.6 was never legally available as a download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.9 GHz 6-Core i9 MacOS 13.6; iPhone 6S; G4 Powerbook 12" 867Mhz 1152MB OS X 10.5.8.
I created a backup of Snow Leopard Install DVD on a USB stick, and it seemed to work all right I recall.
If I remember correctly, I just dragged to DVD image to the USB.
Jonathan

OP
F
Reaction score
SPOD at new install

Thanks harryb2448. Maccy may be old but so is my first m/c a MacPlus (aka BOB)! Got out of the attic and lo! it started up straight away so I have faith in Apple and the ghost of Jobs.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.