Speaker selection iPhone

Reaction score
I"m using a link2cell option for my cell so that if I get a call I can answer on one of several Panasonic home phones spread throughout the house. It's VERY convenient but there's one PITA glitch (Pain in the Applephone). When I make a call with my cell and I tap the audio button to select the iphone speaker, as I'm reaching to tap it, it disappears. On some occasions I've actually tapped the facetime by accident because the popup appears overtop of the facetime button, and I VERY RARELY actually want to do facetime on a business call. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 taps to get the iphone speaker selected because the option button disappears so quickly. Is there any setting I can change to make the audio choice button actually stay for more than 1/2 a second the first time?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've had that problem myself and it has occurred across a couple of different iPhone models and a couple of IOS versions. Although it is a pain for you, I'm glad it's not just me. :)

Here's a workaround that might work for you. Activate the Hey Siri feature on your phone. Now you can say something like, "Hey Siri Call John Doe on speaker".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.