Spamfilter

Pierce007

Reaction score
Does anyone use spamfilter?
Im used to have a software connected to mye accounts on Windows to filter most the spam emails I recieve.
What is recommended for Mac?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I've just used online services like GMail, Outlook and let them do the spam filtering for me.

A lot of people with their own mail servers, swear by Spamsieve.

So search for that and see what you find.

Reaction score
Does anyone use spamfilter?
Im used to have a software connected to mye accounts on Windows to filter most the spam emails I recieve.
What is recommended for Mac?
We just had a discussion about this here in this forum last week.

You can use the built-in anti-spam feature in Apple's Mail, but many folks report that it isn't effective enough.

You can use the built-in anti-spam features that come with a free e-mail account, such as Gmail, but they are only good for that one account (assuming that you trust Google with your e-mail at all), and they don't offer the training features of a good anti-spam filter.

A close to perfect solution is SpamSieve. It is the best $30 you will ever spend. It's the first thing that I put on every new Mac that I buy. You just install it, spend the next week or two training it, and it becomes wildly accurate, filtering all of your spam in to a Spam folder for you to look at and trash at your leisure.

SpamSieve ($30)
http://c-command.com/spamsieve/

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
There are ways and ways to block Spam. For example I use SpamSieve for Apple's Mail app but I prefer to use Spark as my email client. If I run Mail with SpamSieve in the background everything blocked (Marked as Spam) in Mail is also blocked in Spark.
Alternatively Spark has a different method. You can permanently block a sender or block their domain directly from the email. Any further emails from that sender/domain go into a Blocked folder so that they can be unblocked at a later date if you wish to receive emails from that sender or domain again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.