• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Soooooooo sick of the snow!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Well it's about 80F here but there is snow on top of the volcano, that is at about 14,000ft

Reaction score
I know what you mean (being sooo sick of snow).....I am also..........which is why I am in Florida. But I do enjoy looking at the beautiful pictures that are posted!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I'll take some of that snow :)

I love the snow - South West England is not a good place to live if you like the snow (big kids included)!

I'd love to live in Canada - looks great!

M

MacHeadCase

My brother-in-law lives in Québec city and they had it pretty rough this year too. He has a two story house and the snow comes up to the second floor windows !

He sent us pictures a few weeks ago via email. And it has snowed a few times since then !

They're predicting another snow storm this Wednesday.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
My brother-in-law lives in Québec city and they had it pretty rough this year too. He has a two story house and the snow comes up to the second floor windows !

Wow, that's crazy. I couldn't imagine. :p

M

MacHeadCase

Here's one of the pictures he sent... Keep in mind that it has snowed since at least a couple of times and that it will snow again this Wednesday, more than likely.

You can see a chimney and part of a roof on the upper left side. Not sure if that's one of his neighbour's house or his though.

In any case, that much snow is scary... :Oops:

photo0022.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow - is that his house that's covered?

looks amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro | 2.8Ghz C2D | 4 Gigs Ram | 512 Meg 9600 GT | 320 Gig Hdd
We just got even more snow last night. I too am utterly sick of the snow. Somedays I wonder why I moved from East Tennessee which got maybe 2 inches of snow a year, all the way to Nova Scotia where I will see 7 or 8 foot of snow fall a year

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am a big kid - to me this is great - I can't believe people get sick of the snow :p

I guess you get sick of the white stuff after a while huh?

I know a lot of people that have moved away from nicer parts of the UK (my self included) and then noticed what they no longer have - i.e. beautiful hills or the moors or a nice coast-line. It's only when you don't have it that you actually miss it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ya know, it's Sunny and 73F her in SoCal. Maybe I'll go down to the beach for a bit.

;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have sunny and 82F.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AlumiMac24/MBP
Well it's about 80F here but there is snow on top of the volcano, that is at about 14,000ft

You are reminding me that I should not have passed up my annual winter trip to the Big Island, for one later in the year. Of all the times I have been to the Big Island in the winter, I have never had the opportunity to photograph Mauna Kea, or Mauna Loa, with their snow caps in place. Now I wish I had not put the trip off... :(

For us, snowfall this winter season has been below average, in the DC area.... so anyone wanting to get rid of some snow, feel free to send some our way... :) I love the stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have sunny and 82F.

It always gets warmer in the Valley and LA. In August when it's 90 down there, it will still be Sunny and 73 up here. Mind you "down there" and "up here" are less than 75 miles apart too. The high today is set to be a beautiful 72.

Reaction score
Hey I'm in Ontario, too =) LOTS of snow lately, eh?!
It's been crazy here in London... I was up in St.Catharines and that was even worse.
You really need to take up snowboarding, then you'll appreciate it =P
It's really been cold and blustery though... I'm sick of it, too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - Penryn 2.4ghz
January 08 in Tahoe

No snow here thank God. I was in this in late January (Lake Tahoe). Soooo much snow!

IMG_2678.jpg

This is why I live on an island.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Well I finally found my pix of the snow on the volcano... It's 80 at my elevation though.

Mauna Kea.JPG

MaunaKeaPanoramic.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.