sony player

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
sony...

I have a sony NW-A1000 player that i want to use since my ipod headphones decided to blow up :(
I do not want to get my pc out of the loft and set it all up, i want to use software on my mac. My connect player software is only windows compatible, i tried to use SyncTunes however this was to no avail.

Does anyone know any other software i can try, i looked on the sony site and all the official software is for windows. "free software" preferable.

Thanks in advance ~ Mikeyman

OP
mikeyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
I have a sony NW-A1000 player that i want to use since my ipod headphones decided to blow up :(
I do not want to get my pc out of the loft and set it all up, i want to use software on my mac. My connect player software is only windows compatible, i tried to use SyncTunes however this was to no avail.

Does anyone know any other software i can try, i looked on the sony site and all the official software is for windows. "free software" preferable.

Thanks in advance ~ Mikeyman

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem with an NW-A1200. It's supposed to be sync'd with SonicStage, which only runs on Windows. It already tried to install SonicStage using Darwine, but the setup crashes due to an error. I also found a Java-based software to manage mp3 files with this Sony device, but this destroyed the music library instead of updating it. I'm really upset and angry with Sony for not at all supporting Mac or other OS's than Windows. Does anybody know what to do?

Greez BB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
Run Windows via Parallels or Boot Camp. This will get you what you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.