Something wrong with my mac or something else? Update page on app store looks like this

Reaction score
Hello. Tried to check for any possible updates in the app store, and got this. any idea what might be going on? Come to think of it I haven't gotten any update notifications recently.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 12.21.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 12.21.32 PM.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 74
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What Mac? Which macOS? What did you actually try?

To me, that looks like a slowly loading web page.

You can run EtreCheck, which you can get from the macOS App Store or from the developer, https://etrecheck.com.

OP
S
Reaction score
What Mac? Which macOS? What did you actually try?

To me, that looks like a slowly loading web page.

You can run EtreCheck, which you can get from the macOS App Store or from the developer, https://etrecheck.com.

MB Pro, OS 10.11.6. I just went to the app store and clicked on "Updates" and that's what happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What MBP? Maybe El Capitan OS X.11 is as far as it can go and do you mean you want upgrades to a newer operating system?

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted to update to a newer OS, maybe 12 or whichever upgrade will work well with it. MB Pro 7,1, mid 2010

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
You can go no further than macOS High Sierra on that device. This is an "unsupported" macOS and can not run the current version of the App Store (Ver 3.0) because it is limited to 64bit apps only. Consequently the Update page looks like it does to you. Note; it will list "Incompatible" updates which are 64bit versions, these may not run on your device. The rest of the windows in the App Store will look normal and my guess is that you are running App Store version 2.4 or thereabouts.
Annoyingly you may still receive app update notifications but in some cases you will not be able to update them.
I have a second laptop, a 2010 MacBook and the App Store update page looks exactly the same as yours.
The good news is it will continue to run quite happily with the earlier versions of the apps you have and so long as you use "safe" browsing practices your device may continue to serve your needs for years to come.
I would consider a full backup of your device if you have valuable data on it like photos, documents or music, obviously it is quite old and cannot last forever. Time Machine is the included native backup application and will just require an external USB hard drive of about twice the size of your device's storage for the purpose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" running High Sierra
I am having the same problem. I am running High Sierra 10.13.6 on my MBP. I have been holding off since I have Rosetta on this Laptop and its only a 32 bit. I just downloaded Carbon Cloner, bought a new external HD. Will clone this OSX to the external HD. Then I would like to update the current OSX on this MBP. Since this link in the App Store does not work, how do I go about getting a newer version OSX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MBP retina, 2013 Mac Air, iPhone SE 1st
Well this is as good a place to ask this question as any. I am using Mojave on both my Mac Air mid 2013 as well as my Mac Pro mid 2015. I really like Mojave and have seen no reason to move up in the world. I am still getting upgrades to safari and a handful of other less useful apps. But is there a reason for me to move up on the "upgrade" board if I like Mojave?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I really like Mojave and have seen no reason to move up in the world.

But is there a reason for me to move up on the "upgrade" board if I like Mojave?

No.

That's the simple answer because your statements above encourage such a response. And macOS Mojave is a good, reliable Operating System (OS).

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2017 Monterey, iMac 27 Mid 2011 High Sierra, MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch Mid 2015 Catalina
I have started seeing this same symptom on my mid 2011 iMac 27inch with macOS 10.13.6.

What I see reminds me of web pages that are missing CSS files. The content is there but it is not formatted beyond what basic HTML does.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Here is the official Apple page for updating to older versions of Mac OSX along with links to check the comparability of your devices.
Before any major upgrade you should perform a full backup of your existing system.
If in frostygirl's case there are no updates shown in the app store or Software Update it may be that the device is unable to do so. Look at the model and year in About This Mac under the Apple Menu then check how far it can go in comparability lists like What version of macOS can my Mac run?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.