Software for benchmarking Win XP/OS X

Reaction score
Does someone know of a benchmarking program that I can run on an OS X and a PC to get comparative results?
I just got two new laptops - new Dell from work and a new PowerBook as a personal purchase. They are ~ nose to nose as far as specs go and I want put em up against each other :bushman:

In one corner we got - Dell Latitude D820 with 2.0Ghz Dual Core & 2Gig RAM & 256mb video card.
And in the other my new PowerBook with 2.33Ghz Dual Core & 2 Gig RAM & 256mb video card.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Most all benchmarking suites must be run in windows which will require you to install bootcamp to make the comparisons.
Here is a review and a link at the end of the article to some benchmarking done by PC Magazine.

The best way is to compare the 2 is to run the same software application in each to see how they do. For instance copying an audio CD to your your drive in iTunes, or burning a CD / DVD in each one. You may be able to get some other ideas from their benchmark chart.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.