So who's getting a bumper?

Reaction score
DSC_4195.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
I bought two phones; a 16 for the wife and a 32 for me. She likes to keep the iPhone on her desk at work, so a black bumper was included. I'm really impressed with it's feel, but find it a little more of a challenge to activate the button controls. Also, the dock won't accommodate a bumper. For my phone, a bumper would not fit into my Tom Tom car kit.

On the subject of the car kit, I found the 4g would not charge. I called Tom Tom and they readily authorized a warranty replacement. They were very accommodating. Later, I read that the new iPhone is so thin that a solid connection cannot be made. A quick fix is to put in a small piece of cardboard to fill the gap. Will try this when I get the replaced kit.

Reaction score
I bought two phones; a 16 for the wife and a 32 for me. She likes to keep the iPhone on her desk at work, so a black bumper was included. I'm really impressed with it's feel, but find it a little more of a challenge to activate the button controls. Also, the dock won't accommodate a bumper. For my phone, a bumper would not fit into my Tom Tom car kit.

On the subject of the car kit, I found the 4g would not charge. I called Tom Tom and they readily authorized a warranty replacement. They were very accommodating. Later, I read that the new iPhone is so thin that a solid connection cannot be made. A quick fix is to put in a small piece of cardboard to fill the gap. Will try this when I get the replaced kit.

I'm finding similar issues with the bumper. The hole for the charging dock is just too narrow for most things to fit. I can get the usb cord and charger to fit but docking stations and my car FM radio kit will not fit. They should have made the speaker holes and usb hole all one continuous hole. I may have to modify mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Jacksonian, the "orange peel" is a common problem that is caused to stoneshield/invisishield when the rolls are left unused or too long. This is caused by the original manufacturer taking to long to ship material out after it is finished, or the end company(ZAGG/others) take tonlong to die-cut your material. Either way, it is a faulty material, one of which most people don't know about and automatically write on forums that it is bad as a screen material. It like a guy buying a car for the first time ever, having a wobbly tire, and questioning why or how people drive their cars with wobbly tires.

I am still waiting for mine to come in. I've been using the backing wrapper the came with te iPhone, even though it ruins night shots that require flash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I ordered my 32GB black iPhone 4 with a back bumper. I'm waiting to see when otterbox comes out with their cases, or SwitchEasy.

Reaction score
I just figured something out about the bumper. The cutout on the bottom is too small for my Griffin car power charger to seat the connector to charge. I had to slip the bumper off the bottom of the phone to make the connection.

It sounds like it clicks in, but it's not in there far enough to actually start charging.

So I either have to try to modify the bumper (like with an exacto knife), find a different case/bumper, or get used to slipping the bottom of the bumper off when I charge in the car.

Reaction score
I was going to order a bumper but couldn't decide on a color (black, white or blue), so I ended up picking up 2 different cases at Best Buy. Once I get my iphone, I'll figure out which I like better and return the other. Once I decide on a bumper color, I'll order one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (15"); iPhone 4; iPad 64GB Wi-Fi
I ordered my 32GB black iPhone 4 with a back bumper. I'm waiting to see when otterbox comes out with their cases, or SwitchEasy.

I'm the same way, I'm waiting for the OtterBox to be released. But neither AT&T or Apple know when it'll be released.

Reaction score
I had my first drop today. I have to say that I give the bumper an A+ on today's drop. I dropped it from chest high onto the concrete in my parking lot at the office. I think it landed mostly face down. The rubber absorbed the impact, screen didn't take any damage, and the bumper looked like new as soon as I wiped it off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 3GS 16GB Ipad 16GB
I had my first drop today. I have to say that I give the bumper an A+ on today's drop. I dropped it from chest high onto the concrete in my parking lot at the office. I think it landed mostly face down. The rubber absorbed the impact, screen didn't take any damage, and the bumper looked like new as soon as I wiped it off.

Wow good to know glad you had the bumper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
I went to the apple store today and got one. There were only 4 left and all they had was black. I'm so happy now. I want to get a few more colors though. Like green and orange. So I can change then out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^^^ same here the lime green is looking pretty good with the black phone I must say. I ordered the hot pink bumper which will be coming two days after my iPhone will be here.

Reaction score
I like my bumper. My main issue is that cutout on the power connector being a hair too small for the Griffin car chargers. My only other issue is that while I love that it displays the back of the iPhone, the exposed glass on the back makes it actually a little hard to hold without slipping (usually have at least my index finger in the middle on the back when I hold it one handed) and it also makes it impossible to tell which side is up (by touch) when you pull it out of a bag or pocket.

I've ordered about 4 different cases to see what I like best. But I know that nothing is going to preserve the aesthetic of the iPhone like the bumper.

EDIT: I'm planning to take an exacto knife to the bottom cutout for the power connector. Hopefully it will go well, else there will be one mutilated bumper lying around my house.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Still waiting on my Bumper since I ordered the green one, but for now I've got my Zagg InvisibleShield.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Still waiting on my Bumper since I ordered the green one, but for now I've got my Zagg InvisibleShield.

I am still waiting on my phone and my bumper!!! You will have to post pix because I am thinking of getting the green one too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good news I just got an e-mail saying my bumper shipped. it was scheduled to ship until July 16th!!! Now if only they would ship my phone just as quick!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
Orange on a black phone. Representin' for my OState Cowboys.

Bumper has shipped so it should be here next week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.