So who here has made the switch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 500GB hard drive 4GB ram PowerMac G5 Dual 2.2GHz Mirrored 500GB HDD, Mac Mini, and more
LOL ... reading the first few posts... Never really switched in the sence of it all, still use both Mac, PC, and Linux .... pretty much daily.. the whole family has been use to using both PC and Mac in the house off and on.

PowerMac G5 in the front room for homework, PhotoShop, some Web Design.
MacMini Intel in the bedroom for Multi-Media and watching Hulu
HP DV6000 in living room for mulit-media Windows Media
Wifes DV2500 Daughters MacBook (Black) Daughters HP 2140 Mini and My MacBook Pro and my Dell D620 for work.

So Pretty even here 50 / 50 ... :) Oh and BTW Have not Spent over 250$$ on any of the systems we have. I think my MacBook was the most Expencive... pays to know how to refurb computers...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 Macbook pro 2.54 GHz i5, 4GB ram, 500 GB HD 5400 rpm. iPod Touch 32 GB
I just made the switch recently and I am inlove with this thing. I'm trying to convert everything but I'm having trouble with pureedge. The government stilk uses windows for most of the work. Many mac users that work for them are ticked off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 MBP 2.66 GHz i7 8GB RAM
I just switched over to Mac on my personal laptop but my desktop, work laptop, and camera club laptop are all Windows. The desktop will probably be replaced by a Mac someday, but not until my wife gets over the sticker shock from the MBP purchase. ;D

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2009 Macbook Pro, iPod Touch 4th Gen
Once your wife realizes how great the world of Mac is, she will be blinded to any type of "sticker shock". :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Once your wife realizes how great the world of Mac is, she will be blinded to any type of "sticker shock". :)

Old dog, new tricks.....not likely since both of her machines are Windows also, but I guess there's always hope!

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2009 Macbook Pro, iPod Touch 4th Gen
Yea man I always hated Mac. I was a PC guy but then I "saw the light", so to speak. Does she like using your Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook, non-Pro, Snow Leopard
Linux users? :D

That would be me...but I use Mac as well. I'm sure there are plenty of others here who operate in heterogenous environments.

There are some things (in my case web development over GUI-based SSH and a media server) that I just can't make my Mac do that are simple and easy to do in Linux.

I can't imagine anything Windows can do that either Mac or Linux can't do better other than running some games. I, however, game more on my Mac, at least until the Linux Steam client comes out. I'd rather live with my small Mac screen than boot into Windows and get a bunch of spyware and mafiaware every time I look something up on the internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 6,2 (rEFIt triple boot)
I made the half-*** switch - got my MacBook Pro a couple of weeks ago and have triple booted it - admitly I spend the majority of time in OS X - but I am still not able to let go of Linux or Windows.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I guess I fall into that 1% (sort of). I first switched from PC to Linux and went back and forth a few times (Fedora and Ubuntu), finally giving up on Windows for good, but not totally satisfied with Linux. I still have an Ubuntu distro installed on an old Gateway Laptop that I haven't fired up in months.

Decided to try a Mac and as the saying goes, never looked back. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac i3, 4gb,
1 day old.

Made the switch. Fed ex dropped off my new iMac 21.5 last night. I've enjoyed it so far. Easiest setup ever so far. Hopefully the good will continue!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd rather live with my small Mac screen than boot into Windows and get a bunch of spyware and mafiaware every time I look something up on the internet.

While I decided to switch over for many reasons, this was not one of them. I can count on one hand the number of times I've even thought that I might have spyware in the past 20 years using Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 mac book pro 15" : 2006 imac 20"
I just got my first mac and am slowly switching over to all mac but still have my pc at work so I will always have windows.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display
Does "switching" from a 15" aluminum PowerBook (OSX Tiger) to a brand new 17" MacBookPro count?

But seriously, I too use both Windows 7 (Lenovo ThinkPad W700) and (now) OSX Snow Leopard since receiving my new Mac just two days ago. I use both on a regular basis. Not that I have limited options between work and home, but rather -- I need both, especially at work.

I will say that it was easier for me to learn OSX (in addition to Windows XP Pro) back in 2001 when I bought my first Mac, than it has been this weekend upgrading from Tiger to Snow Leopard. The jury's still out on Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
Hi all

I've just switched. Been a PC user for about 15 years. I am a web developer so I am at the computer constantly. Been fed up with Windows for a long time, and just wanted a change. At first tried Linux but thats too techy.

I have stayed away from Apple stuff as I always thought you just pay for the brand. But then I wanted a touch screen phone last year and realised absolutely no one (at the time) came close to the iPhone. Since having an iPhone I realise you dont just pay for the brand, but you pay for quality too.

So have just switched to an iMac 27" and got an iPad! I am a convert and am loving it! Managed to find all the right software for my needs (I use Coda more than anything else).

So looking forward to reading all your posts and joining in some discussions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.