• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So what phone do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo ,1GB memory, 80GB hard drive Mac mini + 8GB iPhone. <3
Previous - LG Chocolate

lg%20chocolate.JPG

I hated it the way it felt... it just scratched too easy and it just felt really plastic-cheap but it was a really nice phone to use software wise.

Current - Apple iPhone

apple-iphone-productfoto-groot.gif

Nothing against this phone at all... love it to pieces.. i'd love it even more if I could at least send files/photos from the iPhone to another phone using bluetooth >_> its so embarrassing when someone says 'wow! can you send me that photo?' and i have to say 'I can't... I paid nearly £300 for a phone and i cant send you a photo...' -_-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
on my second Razr. I hate them.

Reaction score
Well-last night i ordered an LG VX6100 on PagePlus from uglyeric.com for $24.99.Before that i had a Boost, before that a virgin, before that i was on a nextel family share plan, before that, 2 tracfones.

Im excited to get it-PagePlus is very cheap and uses verizon phones and towers. Since i dont have a job now, I have NO income and cannot pay monthly for a phone. ANd i don't usethe phone hardly at all.
If i was on a contract, and i had a lot of minutes, and i wasnt paying for it, i could use a lot of minutes for fun. But i only need a cell phone for letting people know where im at/where i will be and such.
It was nice being on a contract family share plan, and the part where i didnt pay for it was nice :).

But nextel is a HORRIBLE provider.
They used to be good, but ever since sprint came into the piture, the coverage has been WORSE, and the people at the nextel stores are RUDE.
My mother still has nextel, shes been with them for almost 4 years, back when people actually used nextel ;).
She has had insurance on her i730 for about 3 years, but never used it until last week when her phone quit charging and it was all scratched and stuff.
We took it in, the guy was really rude, and he brought his DOG into the store with him! (what if someone had allergies?), and he said he could fix the phone in an hour. We didnt have an hour. My mother also got a little snippy at him when she asked if insurance would cover batteries (her phone REALLY needed a new battery), and he said no. SHe pays $2 a month for insurance, and it doesnt even cover the basics like a battery!
The guy was rude and he made it sound like we bought a cheap a-- phone and we should EXPECT it to be broken. Well, a couple years ago the i730 was NOT cheap. He made it sound like he was doing is a huge favor by offering us a free i8something when she signed a new contract (shes not on contract anymore she just pays month to month). Well the phone was plastic and chincy feeling-not very durable. And it was still pretty basic, it had the same features of the 730 wrapped in a cheaper shell and he made it sound like he was giving us an expensive luxury phone. My mom asked what the cheapest camera phone was--he said $150 with a new contract. We walked out of there then--$150 is CRAZY. Other companies GIVE them away....Then the same day we got a bill. And GUESS WHAT?! Its going up an extra $1 month per line. On TOP of a $2something charge per line which is given some uninformational name---but we looked on the website and its actually a sprint/nextel merge fee! MERGE FEE MY REAR. We should not have to pay a merge fee....me nor my mom dont give a flying (swear word) if they merge-the service has gotten WORSE since they merged.
Horrible. Im trying to get my mother to switch--but the PTT direct connect is a big plus because everyone at her work uses it, and itsa really nice feature (when it works). The only reason nextel is still aflot IMO. So she stays and deals with horrid coverage and expensive bills. Im trying to figure out a way she can have like a boost phone for 2way and something else for voice, but she pays $50/month for both with nextel so obviously she doesnt want to pay more.
ANyway, sorry to make this about nextel.
But thats my phone situation.

DONT JOIN NEXTEL!!!!!!!!
I found that boost got better reception for whatever reason.
If i dont like PagePlus ill probably end up with boost-but it gets expensive (90 days for minutes is too short for me-but the norm. And $1 a day for PTT really adds up)

But im excited for my VX600-and only $24.99......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I've got an iPhone, LG Prada, and Nokia 7370.

13351_large.jpg

lg_prada1.jpg

3154_1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Almost 2 years ago I had the Motorola RAZR v3c... Then upgraded (haha yeah right) to the Moto Q.. And now I have the HTC s720 Libra.

The s720 is one of the best phones I've ever owned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Right...
i first got a sagem my g5 6 years ago
i then had a nokia something or other (a business one)
then i got a sony ericcson flip no camera or anything
replaced that with a sagem myc5-2
then i got a LG slide phone
following that was a motorolla razr which broke
so i got given a nokia from my dad
then im currently on my sony ericsson w880i which i quite like

Reaction score
U600 on vodafone, 750 minutes, 3000texts.
It's a great phone, if I could get an iphone on vodafone or sim free i'd buy one, i think apple lost out on a lot of business making it 02 exclusive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Alm 2.4Ghz iMac 750Gb HD 4Gb Ram
Palm Treo 680

If iPhone supported true push email I'd switch in a minute. Come on Apple, polling for email is so 1998.

Reaction score
i had a pink motorola razr flip phone but it actually died just under a year old!!

so despite its cool looks i opted for a nokia 6111 slide phone in pink

wasnt to sure abt the slide phone but there quite good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
HTC S730

20080103-tgmaedt53qu3hkp1ai8qb1g27w.jpg

I live in the iPhoneless world of Norway (No I'm not willing to jump through all the hoops to get one to Norway)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I've got a Motorola Razor and its quite an improvement from my Motorola L2.

motorola-l2-g.jpg

to

motorola-razr-v3c-g.jpg

A lot of people complain about Razors, but I'm just excited it works with my iSync.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I just got myself a Blackberry Curve 8320 from AT&T. It should be here by Wednesday. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
I have an alg vx9900 (env) and an lg vx8700

lgvx9900.jpg

I got this phone first. Novelty wore off a month later and it just became a bother to carry around as a daily device. It seriously makes a huge bulge in my pocket kinda embarrasing :-/

lg-vx8700_2.jpg

VX8700-showfloor_270x202.jpg

I love this phone!! Its great and slim, lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Btw, does anyone else get a new phone right when their contract is over? My friends find it weird that i always get a new phone at the end of my contract. They keep the same phone for 3 or 4 years :S

Reaction score
I get an upgrade every 12 months, my contract is 18 months.
Well needed upgrade too, been 6 months and my phone, while it works, it's very "delicate", this is from a guy who destroyed a nokia 6300 brick.

Reaction score
Btw, does anyone else get a new phone right when their contract is over? My friends find it weird that i always get a new phone at the end of my contract. They keep the same phone for 3 or 4 years :S

I generally renew every 2 years in order to get a new phone. Things change so fast in the cell phone market it doesn't take long for something to become outdated. My next dream phone: iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
I just got an LG TU550. I was using an O2 XDA Atom Exec but got the ***** with it and wanted a normal phone again - its great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I generally renew every 2 years in order to get a new phone. Things change so fast in the cell phone market it doesn't take long for something to become outdated. My next dream phone: iPhone.

I would love to get an iphone, but ATT is not good at all here :Shouting:

I really hope apple knows that they could have made so much more bank if they would have made an iphone for all carriers :eek:

Reaction score
My mom asked what the cheapest camera phone was--he said $150 with a new contract. We walked out of there then--$150 is CRAZY. Other companies GIVE them away....

When i got my first Sprint phone a few years ago, the lowest priced one they had was $180. No camera, no color screen, no text messaging.

Of course I bought it anyway.:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
i want the iphone. but cingular sux.
8600iso.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.