So does the 4s actually have full-on GPS?

Reaction score
Does the 4s actually have full-on GPS chip set, like a Garmin, Tomtom etc? In the spec it says Assisted GPS and GLONASS (whatever that is).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
No it doesn't.
To put it in simple terms, "A-GPS" (Assisted GPS) features are in all the smart phones, and are mostly dependent on an internet network and/or connection to an ISP (or CNP, in the case of CP/mobile-phone device linked to a Cellular Network Provider data service), and every smart phone uses this system these day. Even the latest iPhone6.

Along with A-GPS they use GLONASS, which is Global Navigation Satellite System.

Hope that helps

BUT, I have Bad Elf Pro that I use with my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini with certain Map Apps, for 1ft accuracy. I don't go anywhere bush without it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Many thanksTM. Not sure what the difference is between the GPS and the GLONASS, they must both use the orbiting satellites I guess?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
BUT, I have Bad Elf Pro that I use with my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini with certain Map Apps, for 1ft accuracy. I don't go anywhere bush without it.

I was reading the FAQ at the Bad Elf website. It says that a fully charged iPad can power the "Bad Elf" for about 4 hours.

I was curious…if you used the Bad Elf continuously (on its own battery)…how much total runtime do you get? And if you use it with your iPad…how much total runtime do you get (compared to the 4 hours the Bad Elf FAQ says)?

Thanks,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.