Smart cover?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
I have an iPad Air 2, and the smart cover is disintegrating. I can't pay $49 for Apple's cover, and it doesn't say it will fit my iPad anyway. I've looked around, but nothing says it will fit an iPad Air 2. Any suggestions? I only want a smart cover, not a case, and nothing made of leather. TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have an iPad Air 2, and the smart cover is disintegrating. I can't pay $49 for Apple's cover, and it doesn't say it will fit my iPad anyway. I've looked around, but nothing says it will fit an iPad Air 2. Any suggestions? I only want a smart cover, not a case, and nothing made of leather. TIA

I have no personal recommendations, but searching Amazon was easy.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=smart+cover+ipad+air+2&crid=3O70L0R33DHUX&sprefix=smart+cover+ipad+air+,aps,216&ref=nb_sb_noss_2&tag=macforums0e4-20

EDIT: Bleah... you wanted a cover-only, not a full case. Looks like they are all cases, except for the Apple one. A cover-only is my preference also. Not sure if there are any others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
rainbowcat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
rainbowcat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try as LIAB suggested, or if you you want to try the Canadian Amazon Store:
https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=smart+cover+ipad+air+2+NOT+leather&crid=4J7589F5AV5G&sprefix=smart+cover+ipad+air+2+not+leather,aps,193&ref=nb_sb_noss&tag=

Or your choice of online computer oriented stores or general computer stores in your area.

- Patrick
=======
This seems to have more choices -thanks! Just for laughs - the nearest computer store is 90 minutes away! Joys of living in a very rural area!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just for laughs - the nearest computer store is 90 minutes away! Joys of living in a very rural area!

Okay, but not really funny, considering many people I live in such areas, some because they prefer to, and others because they have to, and not all areas have enough population to support all variety of stores, including computer stores.

But I do hope you live in an area that has some sort of the delivery from many of the online stores that should include standard mail and small package delivery that is either free or reasonably priced.

And of course there are lots of other stores that you can support with your purchases besides Amazon. ;-)

- Patrick
=======

OP
rainbowcat
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, but not really funny, considering many people I live in such areas, some because they prefer to, and others because they have to, and not all areas have enough population to support all variety of stores, including computer stores.

But I do hope you live in an area that has some sort of the delivery from many of the online stores that should include standard mail and small package delivery that is either free or reasonably priced.

And of course there are lots of other stores that you can support with your purchases besides Amazon. ;-)

- Patrick
=======
Sorry if I offended you. Please don't take offense where I sure didn't mean any! I live rural because I love it. Currently have a flock of 16 turkeys scratching around back, and more birds at my feeders than I can count. The lack of convenient stores and services is the price we are willing to pay. We do get deliveries, of course. UPS and FedEx throw the packages in the general direction of the house. So I will do more searching on Canadian Amazon, which has more choices for a smart cover. Wondering if the covers advertised for new iPads would fit?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry if I offended you. Please don't take offense where I sure didn't mean any!

Hey, certainly no offence or intention meant here, I was just replying to your statement where you were saying it was funny, and I'm sorry you took my reply as being offensive. Certainly not the case. Speaking of which, I hope you find a case that suits your needs.

By the way, you should be able to convert pretty well any case or sleeve into a "Smart Case" by getting some small magnets and gluing them into the appropriate place on the case. And that is certainly easy to test and do, and widens your selection with just a little bit extra work.

Just a thought... ;-)

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.