Slow typing on ibook!

R

Rena Bella

Somtimes, and Im not sure why those times, when I type, whether on msn or word or on a forum, my computer sometimes slowes it down so much that its gets really annoying to type.
I know this isnt normal, but doesnt anyone know what might be the cause for this??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i have encountered the same problem, but i do not know a remedy

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I've encountered your same problem on my iBook and iMac G5, but at least it still continues to type the letters. :)

OP
T

Thud

Rena Bella said:
Somtimes, and Im not sure why those times, when I type, whether on msn or word or on a forum, my computer sometimes slowes it down so much that its gets really annoying to type.
I know this isnt normal, but doesnt anyone know what might be the cause for this??

If you're typing in a web page (like on a forum) that has some animated gif's, it really slows down the typing. This happens to me in every browser I've tried on my mac. It's very annoying to say the least.
I think it's a result of how Quartz Extreme treats all the windows as textures, and it craps out when it tries to do a lot of animated gifs (banner ads, smileys, etc) at the same time.

As much as I like OSX, I have never encountered this problem on windows, even on older slower machines. Maybe it's something that Tiger and Safari RSS will fix.

I think Apple will want to fix this, because it gives the user impression that the mac is very slow and can't even keep up with your typing-- even on a fast G5!
And that's not the impression they want to give to potential switchers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.