Slight Bulge Normal?

Reaction score
Hey I have just noticed that throughout the underside of my laptop has a slight bulge. At first I thought that this could be a problem I thought that if the bulge was too big then it would rub against whatever surface the laptop is on. The bulge is around the area of the CPU, the warmest part of the case. I looked at many pictures and it seems that it is normal? Does anyone else have this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It could very well be your battery, which I believe is located near your processor. Try taking it out and then placing the MBP on a level surface. If it sits perfectly flat, then the battery is the culprit.

Thankfully, Apple will most probably replace it for free :black:

OP
C
Reaction score
Photo%201.jpg

Ok I kinda drew the back of the laptop you can see that that bottom of the case kinda hangs like a belly, I't kinda exagerated but you get the idea. I have seen a few with the same thing, maybe it is normal. Finally the battery flat, no bumps, no warps no nothing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2GHz CD 1 GB RAM 80 GB HD
I think that they all have a slight bulge. Unless you aren't exagerating as much as I think you are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I don't see that problem on my MBP CD.

Reaction score
just a guess...

Maybe it's kinda expending due to heat? I would get an iLap. I bought one 3 weeks ago and it's the best accessory I've ever bought for my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 and a 15" MacBook Pro 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I just looked at mine and it appears to be a slight bulge, but it is just an illusion because of two lines being close together with boxes in between ... here look at the attachment. Notice that the lines are indeed straight, and the boxes are the same height. Yet, the lines seem slanted ... or, in your case, curved.

3.jpg

Also, if it had a slight bulge, the MBP would wobble when placed on flat surfaces.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
There have been a lot of cases popping up here and there about bulging/expanding batteries. If that is the case, take it to your nearest Apple store and they should replace it for you. Just put a straight edge, like a ruler, across the bottom to see where the problem is.

OP
C
Reaction score
We'll I checked and it is bulging, about 1/16 inch, yeah it's not much but this could probably lead to problems later on, right now I cant even slipe a single sheet of paper under it. I don't know if I should call apple, but then again I did pay lots of $$ for it. I also saw and there is about 2 mm gap on the left side of the lid. Oh well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.