Site was breached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
something that will be fixed eventually or probably not? Im curious what settings are there than I don't have access to since its not working.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What happens if you select "settings" from the upper right hand menu item (next to your My Profile) at the top of the page?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
What happens if you select "settings" from the upper right hand menu item (next to your My Profile) at the top of the page?

For myself, that's the only way I can get to my Settings, and that page shows just as macgig posted above.
i.e.: syntax error, unexpected 'text' (T_STRING) on line 1 in … etc.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Okay. That page works fine for me and should work for everyone else. I'm going to look at your profile in the master data base to see if there are any errors showing up. Stand by....

I just checked your profile in the master data base and everything looked okay. I'm not sure why the settings page seems to not be working for you and macgig. We will have a look at it in more detail when Nick gets back from traveling. In the meantime, if anyone needs something changed like DOB or whatever, let me know and I can make the changes.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Hey Charlie, I'm not sure if this helps identify the problem but here's what happens for me. When I read this thread earlier I wnet to the Settigns page and it loaded fine. At that time I didn't test the links. A few minutes ago I tested the links on the left. If I click the "General Settings" it creats the sanme error the guys are seeing.

For me, the "General Settings" link appears to be the only one generating an error.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah... okay Sly.

I just tested what you said and you are correct. I now get the same syntax error.

I would say for now, just avoid the "General Settings" and go directly to the item you wish to change. DOB can't be changed anyway except by an Administrator. Don't ask me why we even need that particular item?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just tested what you said and you are correct. I now get the same syntax error.

Ahhhggghhh…. get your Mac protected now, it's contagious and spreading so it must be a virus… and no its not my fault and I didn't do it!!! :Oops:O:)

- Patrick
======

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm getting the same "settings" error. Will look into things ASAP.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD

settings works. but in settings> my account> general settings, I get the error.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm getting the same "settings" error. Will look into things ASAP.:)
- Nick

Certainly not a super vital problem I wouldn't think, and not much difference to their erroneous posting timestamp for some users. :Smirk: :Smirk:

But I sure hope you don't need to use any of their support videos they have at their site: https://www.vbulletin.com/en/learn-more/

I took a quick look at some which were rather pathetically done, and I couldn't even understand what the girl was talking about even with the volume turned up with one such tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgPRAXSWXA

Anyway, you probably don't have to deal with them, and good luck on your problem-solving. Sort of odd that one would have to fix the site that helps people fix their problem eh??? ;D

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
settings works. but in settings> my account> general settings, I get the error.

Ditto. Same problem here.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Certainly not a super vital problem I wouldn't think, and not much difference to their erroneous posting timestamp for some users.

I meant to tell you that I found an error with your Date Time Settings in the master data base the other day while I was checking your settings. The "Automatically Detect Daylight Savings" option was not selected for your account. That would likely put your time off by one hour either way depending on whether we were on DST or not. I corrected it for you. Let me know if you get any more time errors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@chscag

The "Automatically Detect Daylight Savings" option was not selected for your account. That would likely put your time off by one hour either way depending on whether we were on DST or not. I corrected it for you. Let me know if you get any more time errors.

Thank you Charlie, and I suspected that might have been the case.

I'll test here with my reply @ 5:46 PM PST.

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll test here with my reply @ 5:46 PM PST.

Well, not what I was expecting as it says it was posted @ Today, 06:46 PM as I see it, but I guess that's correct as the mac-forums page at the bottom says: