.SIT files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
You can open .sit files with StuffIt.

OP
R
Reaction score
yeah and thats opening a blank word document. is it because im using tiger as my os?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Downloaded andopened. I got a folder with 5 files in it...only the readme file would open. The others were not supported by this system...OSX tiger on Mac Book Pro.

M

MacHeadCase

Mac.the-underdogs only have abandonware games, pre-OS X, some even pre-OS 7! So it certainly will not play on your modern Mac unless you have a PowerPC Mac and have Classic installed it might, in that case, work.

OP
R
Reaction score
so theres no program i can use to play this game? I really wanna play prince of persia!!

M

MacHeadCase

You'll have to buy an oldie but goodie Mac.

I have heard of an emulation thingy that helps run OS 9 stuff on the Intel-based Macs, I think (can't remember the name of the program now) but cannot vouch for the reliability and that is assuming the game does play under OS 9... It isn't a sure thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac isn't mapping the .sit extension correctly. It should open with Stuffit Expander. If you don't have it, it is free here:
http://www.stuffit.com/mac/index.html
Since it seems to want to use Word, click once on the .sit file, Get Info, open with... then navigate to Expander.
MacHeadCase is right, if you have an Intel chipped Mac you are going to have trouble getting an ancient System 9 program to work. If the OP has a PPC then it should run in Classic. Intel chipped Macs will run System 9 with this:
http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/en/projects/sheepshaver
Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I...uh.....kind of.......uh....recommend....uh...well not really....to...uh use a Super Nintendo Emulator (Snes9x for mac) And play the Super Nintendo Version.

P.S. I apologize to the unit for suggesting that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.