Siri broken with ios 8.3?

Reaction score
I downloaded ios 8.3 to my iPhone 6 Plus and now Siri never works. However, sometimes Dictation will work but at the same time sometimes it will not. I have reset all the network settings, restarted my phone, turned Siri on and off, googled my issues and found this to be a problem for a few other people as well.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I use Siri extensively especially since I work outside alot and dont like to touch my screen too much with work gloves on.

Thank!
Peace

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I have a Sprint IPhone 6+ running iOS 8.3. Siri is working fine for me. Dictation is fine. Not sure what could be the issue.

I can not say what a difference there would be between carriers - and I don't know who you use - but I do know there are carrier differences and I believe updates and that might be worth checking out.

Also if you have any apple care and have an apple store nearby it would be worth having them check it out.

M

MacInWin

Settings/Cellular make sure Cellular Data is turned on. Siri uses data and needs either WiFi or Cellular connections.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.