Simple question--why does email show up instead of text?

Reaction score
I think this is going to be a stupidly easy question to answer, but with one of my contacts, when I select a photo to send, the default option that pops up is email rather than text. Not sure why or when this started happening, but how can I change it back? It's driving me nuts. Thank you!

IMG_2684.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Don't know but try opening Contacts or Messages, select contact, attach photo, send; then look to see if the icon has changed if you attempt it from Photos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Do you have a phone number associated with their contact information? And does that phone number accept text messages? Sometimes I get that when I have them as two separate contacts.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

OP
AJP24
Reaction score
Do you have a phone number associated with their contact information? And does that phone number accept text messages? Sometimes I get that when I have them as two separate contacts.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Yes, I have a number associated with it (I've tried it both as "iPhone" and "Mobile") but neither seems to work. SO frustrating!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Yes, I have a number associated with it (I've tried it both as "iPhone" and "Mobile") but neither seems to work. SO frustrating!
Right, but some landlines do not offer texting, you should check with the contact for confirmation?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I think this is going to be a stupidly easy question to answer...

It's driving me nuts. Thank you!

Hey...if it's driving you nuts...no question is too easy or too simple if it helps you regain your sanity!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.