• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Shipping times?

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17", 160 GB, 512RAM/ iPod 1gen, 15G/iPod video black
My RFB MacBook shipped from Sacramento on the 13'th and me being so impatient, I check everyday. But, there hasn't been an update for two days. Is this normal?

How long did it take for Apple to ship you your MBP or MB? Did you buy refurbished, BTO, or stock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
My Macbook was a refurb. Shipped to Ft. Bragg NC in 5 days, weekend included, so really 3 business days.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
mine shipped in about 18 minutes.

the time it took to drive from the apple store at the mall of america to my work (yeah, i bought it on my lunch break).

i did feel that way when i was waiting for my digital camera to arrive. the day ups was supposed to bring it, i kept checking the tracking info on ups.com and watching out my window. ;)

hope yours comes soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
It's completely normal. When something is in transit over a long distance, usually nothing will show up on tracking between the shipment hub and your local hub. Give it another day or so and you should see that it's at your local shipping facility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
yea, apple is pretty quick with shipping so it should be there sooner than you think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
mine shipped in about 18 minutes.

the time it took to drive from the apple store at the mall of america to my work (yeah, i bought it on my lunch break).

i did feel that way when i was waiting for my digital camera to arrive. the day ups was supposed to bring it, i kept checking the tracking info on ups.com and watching out my window. ;)

hope yours comes soon!

I do that everytime I order online!! I wake up early and constantly look out the window everytime I hear a big truck coming lol ;)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i did that a little with my new wallet too, which came monday. though, you know, its a wallet. anyway, sometime in the afternoon, my wife and kid and i took a walk down to the carneceria which is the only market within easy walking distance. i got some tasty fried chili lima beans, we got a pastry for the kid, and when we got back, i had a package from timbuk2 inside my screen door. :)

OP
BoA

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hehe, you would think the Carnecería only sold meat ;).

Anyways, I hate when I order things online because I get so involved in looking at the tracking information. First it was my new phone, then RAM, now my macbook, my case for said macbook from amazon, and my 500GB external HD from amazon (The newegg site took too long to load the order page so I went to amazon)... MAN! lol

It must be the wait and the love of my macbook :D. It says it should be here by Tuesday, though so YAY! And my new bed should be here Saturday, but I bought that from a store in person ;).

Thanks, guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I used to be the crazy check tracking information every 20 minutes type. Now I'm too busy with school and other things to have the time to check constantly.

I'm expecting 4 or 5 packages sometime in the next two weeks. Unfortunately for me, the first two are coming Monday, a day I'm away from the house for a very long time. So I won't be able to enjoy my new toys till several hours after I get them :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
I do that everytime I order online!! I wake up early and constantly look out the window everytime I hear a big truck coming lol ;)

Haha. I kept doing that when my MacBook was coming. It drove my girlfriend nuts! The first one UPS "misplaced" so they had to do an investigation and kept telling me it might be delivered any day within the next 7 days!! So a whole week of my life was wasted by UPS. After 7 days they was still unable to track it so someone probably got a nice new MacBook for Christmas for free. Apple then sent me out a new one within 24 hours on like the 22nd December, at least Apple have decent customer service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
Apple's shipping is very fast. I ordered an iPod Video from the Apple site and it came in four or five days. I was really surprised because it was over the New Years weekend.

I don't know if that was normal or not, lol...it was the second thing I have ever bought online that wasn't from ebay, which usually takes a couple weeks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.0GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB hard drive
I ordered my MacBook on a Saturday, so it didn't actually ship out until that Monday. I think I ended up getting my machine some time the following week. But yeah, the waiting was killing me. I would dream about my MacBook while at work lol. When it finally did get to my house, they couldn't deliver it because no one was home at the time. :( It ended up that I had to convince my boss to let me leave work for half an hour to meet with the Fed Ex guy at the local Kinkos. But I finally got it, and now I can't go a day without it, so it was definitely worth the wait. :)

OP
BoA

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wish I was busy enough not to notice lol, but I did spend the whole day sleeping :D.

The good news is I checked it again and it checked in at the Orlando hub at 1pm, which is like only a few miles away from me ;p.

OP
BoA

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It 'tis.
That's my whole day for the past few weeks:
Go to bed at three am, wake up at nine am, go back to bed, wake up at noon, do something, come home, eat, computer, go back to bed. :D

OP
BoA

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Woozah! I got it at around eleven AM this morning and it surprised me. I was still sleeping lol. Can't get any sleep now, they brought my new bed and took my old mattresses so I need my dad here to help clear out the old frame so I can put the new one up. My sleep tonight is dependent on him X_X...

Couple questions about the macbook: Can boot camp partition for linux? I installed XP Pro?

Anyone think the caps button is too long? I mistakenly hit it instead of A and A is so slid over sometimes I hit it instead of S.

Is there a way to show battery life in XP?

OP
BoA

BoA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.