sharing/editing itunes library running on a mac with windows

Reaction score
hi

i have my music on a mac and am succesfully sharing this music with itunes running on a PC (i.e. streaming to the PC from the Mac), using the built in sharing feature. i would like to be able to access all of the features of itunes on the PC though, i.e. coverflow view, changing tags/ratings. is there some workaround that i could use to do this?

thanks

nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
All you can do is view and listen to a shared library, nothing else. This was done purposely by Apple to prevent pirating of music. Otherwise iTunes machines on large networks, such as college campuses, would be nothing but one great big swapping network.

OP
N
Reaction score
i am aware that there are apple scripts (doug's scripts) to alter ratings and tags over a network on another mac. just wondering if there was an equivalent for windows. it would also be nice to be able to use the coverflow view over the local network, and this wouldn't have anything to do with pirating of music, just aesthetics in the home!

nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You said editing, so I made an assumption.

Not sure if there are any Windows equivalents, but I agree with you about Coverflow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.