Setting default mailbox in iMail 4.2

Reaction score
Hi. I'm using iMail 4.2 in Snow Leopard. I have several mailboxes defined and activated. I want to set one of those mailboxes so that the email address associated with that mailbox is the default email address for any email I originate.

This sounds simple, but I haven't found any reference for being able to do it in imail preferences or searching on the web and this forum.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
With iMail, I assume you are referring to the "Apple Mail" or just "Mail" app. If you want to send mails from a one particular mailbox, here is what you should do.

1) Open the Mail Preferences and select Composing tab.
2) In Addressing section, select the mail box to "send new mail from"

That should be it.

You can also select outgoing mail servers from the Accounts tab. When you are on Accounts tab, select any account you already setup. Then right at the bottom you can select the "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)". If you want to restrict mails from a specific server, tick the "use only this server" box.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks, novicew. I figured it would be something simple that I overlooked. I appreciate your quick response.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.