"Services" option missing from Mac Context Menu (Ventura 13.0)

Reaction score
Hello,

My Context Menu used to have a "Services" option on it (in addition to other things), but I just restarted my computer (after having not done so for some time), and now my "Context" menu looks very different/plain.

Pic #1 = Original Context Menu / Options
Pic #2 = New Context Menu / Lack of Options

Anybody know why this happened and how I can go back to the older, more hearty Context Menu WITH "Services", as I have some automations that I depend on?

Thanks,

Justin

IMG_4068.jpg

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 1.57.31 PM.jpg

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You're clicking on a folder in the first image and an image in the second, thus the varying context menu. Click on two folders, and you'll get the Services option. If you were to add new services for images, then the Services option will show up.

If you have automations, check that it's on the right type of file.

OP
J
Reaction score
You're clicking on a folder in the first image and an image in the second, thus the varying context menu. Click on two folders, and you'll get the Services option. If you were to add new services for images, then the Services option will show up.

If you have automations, check that it's on the right type of file.
That's what's confusing...it didn't used to matter what type of folder/file I would context-click on...there would always be a "Services" option, and I seem to remember there was also a "Quick Actions" option as well...

For instance, as you recommended, I context-clicked on a folder, and you can see I still have the most generic of context menus....no "Services" or "Quick Actions" options in sight...

Also, you can see that when I'm in Finder, and go to the Finder dropdown on the top left of the window, there IS a "Services" option, but it is empty....but when I dive deeper and go to "Services Settings", I do, in fact, have a ton of things selected, across multiple categories...yet none of them show up under a "Services" option because no "Services" options shows up whatsoever when I Context-Click on a File or Folder...

What am I not understanding/doing?....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 2.56.02 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 2.56.02 PM.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 3.05.47 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 3.05.47 PM.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 3.06.14 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 3.06.14 PM.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.