"Sent" emails winding up in "Drafts"

Reaction score
I've had a recurring problem for several months now (pre-dating the release and instal of Yosemite). I'll draft an email -- sometimes leaving it open while attending to something else -- then sending it. Later, I find sometimes MANY copies of the email in the Drafts folder. The only way I can check to make sure it actually went out is by opening the "Sent" folder. If I can't find it there, I re-send. Anyone having this issue and, if so, do you have a fix? Thanks

Reaction score
Mail, many drafts

Hi there,
I'm also facing this issue, how to solve it ?
For those who want to help...
While typing a new email, Mac Mail keeps saving many "editions"of the same mail.
Therefore , 3 problems.
It does not save a new draft and erasure last one.
It does not delete draft when email was sent.
Quite often we have to go to Sent box to check if mail was really sent , then get back to Draft and delete it.

How to fix it?
Help !!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
I've had this problem a few times also. Unfortunately I have no idea why it happens and how to fix it.

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem also. If I am busy, typing an email and it takes 15 minutes, I will get 10 or more versions of the email, each one with a little more info. Why anyone??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Help enourmously if you guys provide Mac and operating system details, and are you using POP or IMAP? What does your ISP say about the problem?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have a simple answer, stop using Apple eMail client and get something better. Over successive OSX's I have tried and tried to persevere with Mail but finally gave up after upgrade to Mavericks. Since then I have been running AirMail 2.0 and no problems. I mean NO problems. I have 4 email accounts, hotmail, yahoo,gmail and iCloud.
My wife continues to struggle on with Mail because she does not want to learn how to use a new Email Client. I can understand that but Airmail is pretty intuitive has I great interface and at least when you suggest an improvement you get a reply. Whereas with my wife I get a problem a week including the one posted. It seems to me that Apple Mail has never played well with gMail which is a pity because my wife has 4 gMail accounts.
I have no duplicates in my Drafts folder and double clicking a draft sends it, you see a progress bar and when sent it disappears from the drafts folder and appears in the sent folder (just as it should). Keeping track of stuff is a breeze. I have tried most of the alternative email apps and apart from some online ones like Thunderbird nothing works as well (for my purposes) than Airmail. Yes it's a "paid for" app but well worth the money in my book.;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.