Self-Assigned IP

Reaction score
Heyo,

My internet has been iffy these past few days and yesterday I reset the whole setup. I put my modem in bridge mode and now use the Time Capsule airport to connect to the internet. I use a wireless set up for my MacBook Pro and every other device works flawlessly. The problem with my MBP is apparently that is has set itself a self-assigned IP address.

I've tried: restarting, resetting, forgetting all past networks, removing keychain passwords, renewing DHCP, setting manual IP adresses... None of which seem to help the situation. If anyone knows whats wrong, I would highly appreciate your help!

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Have you tried creating a new "Wi-Fi" connection, or setup a new location from the Network in System Preferences? I used to have this problem when everything was set to automatic. I created a custom location for each computer, and have never had this problem again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.