search engines

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
How do I change my default search engine from Safari to Firefox?

Welcome to the forum! :)

Go to 'System Preferences -> General' - browser selection if half way down the dialog box - see attachment below (I just have Chrome installed as a alternate) - let us know if this solves your question. Dave

Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 11.31.12 AM.png

OP
M
Reaction score
I do not have the "default web browser" option in System Preferences - General. Now what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I do not have the "default web browser" option in System Preferences - General. Now what?

Well, then you need to tell us which OS X you are using - that is the current option in Yosemite, so if using an earlier OS then you may have to go into the 'Preferences' menus of the actual browser - some information HERE - as an example, when I open the Chrome browser, then enter Preferences, the option is given to make it my default (at the bottom of the attached image) - I don't have Firefox on this computer, but would assume a similar feature is present. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-02-13 at 12.00.13 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.9 GHz 6-Core i9 MacOS 14.4.1; iPhone SE 3rd Gen iOS 17.4.1;
I have both Safari and Firefox browsers installed under Mavericks,
Safari -> Preferences -> General tab has Default Web Browser as a drop-down option.
Firefox -> Preferences -> General has ‘Make Firefox your default browser’ option button.
JP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.