• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

saves to???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
just got an imac imported some vid clips onto final cut express. where do the clips save to? i didnt change any settings as to where i would want it saved but does anyone know where it would save to on a stock imac? i seach for the clips aswell and they werent popin out. same goes with imovie where do they go? thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Under movies maybe? Use the finder =)

Reaction score
For iMovie it saves to the package contents of your file, a horrible space eating system if you ask me.

The much better Final Cut system just puts it in your capture scratch folder wherever you told final cut to put your scratch disk. Documents folder by default? This way you dont lose disk space with every project that uses those clips.
Another easy way to find it is to just right click on the file you want in the browser and click "show in finder". That will take you right to the file in... yup, the finder.

OP
veritas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
thats wierd it alls works now. the audio before wasnt playing back either now it does. its all good. thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.