Sandbox for Mac

Reaction score
I need a sandbox application for Mac. Like Sandboxie.

Any recommendations please? I'm using Yosemite.

Reaction score
You already have one. That's pretty much how Yosemite's designed.

C

chas_m

Some additional details of what you are trying to do and some specifics on your system might prove helpful.

From a cursory overview of Sandboxie, I'm inclined to agree with cradom: that's how OS X is designed from the ground up. This Ain't Windows.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Sandboxie is very different than the sandboxing functionality built into OS X. The built in sandboxing doesn't work for those apps that don't voluntarily subject themselves to it. This is why Apple has an app sandbox howto on their developer site (here); if a developer doesn't sandbox their app, it ain't sandboxed.

#tag, Apple has some utilities that you can use to sandbox apps. See here for more info.

OP
T
Reaction score
You already have one. That's pretty much how Yosemite's designed.
Can you please elaborate?

Some additional details of what you are trying to do and some specifics on your system might prove helpful.

From a cursory overview of Sandboxie, I'm inclined to agree with cradom: that's how OS X is designed from the ground up. This Ain't Windows.
I am a content developer. I scour the WWW for information on a topic that I'm working on. I also use reverse image searches. I've already encountered links that look ok before clicking then leads me to a disreputable website. At times, I also manage my clients' files on their host.

I'm running 10.10.2.

Sandboxie is very different than the sandboxing functionality built into OS X. The built in sandboxing doesn't work for those apps that don't voluntarily subject themselves to it. This is why Apple has an app sandbox howto on their developer site (here); if a developer doesn't sandbox their app, it ain't sandboxed.

#tag, Apple has some utilities that you can use to sandbox apps. See here for more info.
Thanks vansmith. I'll look into these.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.