Safari...where's the dropdown URL menu?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Am I missing something here? How do I configure Safari so I get a dropdown menu of URL's i've visited so I don't have to type them in every time?

Thanks in advance.

-Nick

OP
fiveightandten
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
You mean the History? It's in the menubar...
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I know I can view the history. But from using FireFox i've gotten used to having a dropdown menu right from the address bar. I'm not seeing that anywhere in the preferences...

-Nick

Reaction score
You can also click and hold the back button and it gives you a drop down list of most recently visited sites.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Am I missing something here? How do I configure Safari so I get a dropdown menu of URL's i've visited so I don't have to type them in every time?

Thanks in advance.

-Nick

History. It's right there in the Safari Bar at the top next to bookmarks.

Good one Crossbones.

Also be sure everything in Preferences under AutoFill is checked and it will remember and finish the URL for you. Now I know what you are talking about. Safari has no clicker by the URL field.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
While I was trying to find an answer to this post, I clicked on the RSS blue icon in the Safari browser address window (on the right side). A new browser window opened with some other unrelated information about this forum which was about the next person and the next post in line at the time.
What would be a practical use for this RSS feature?

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
I think he means something like this, but in Safari

Picture 5.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I had drop down menu before on Mac and I think it was in Netscape Browser.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I know I can view the history. But from using FireFox i've gotten used to having a dropdown menu right from the address bar. I'm not seeing that anywhere in the preferences...

-Nick

I think she means the drop-down menu that appears when you start typing in a URL. I would like to CLEAR that. She would like to HAVE it. :Smirk: Using Safari, the latest version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.