Safari Problem

A

adammg

I am experincing a problem with safari or possibly OS X. I am still new to Mac's. Everytime I try and load a page it only will load half of the page. I've reset my modem and router cause this started after a thunderstorm which knocked out my cable modem. Any suggestions?

Btw I have Paralells with Windows XP and Internet Explorer is working perfectly. That is what I am using right now.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
did the outage cause your mac to lose power too, or is it a notebook model?

also, when you reset the router and modem, did you let the modem fully power up for about a minute before powering on the router?

OP
A

adammg

Nope never lost power, just cable connection. I'mma trying resetting again. just weird why XP is working but not Mac stuff. Also I've used a few diagnostic tools and speed test and everything is coming out normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
This may sound useless, but try emptying Safari's cache. It's been known to be the cause of strange voodoo stuff that's Safari-specific at times. Though, if you want a direct way to see whether it's OS X or just Safari, see if a different browser like Firefox works properly.

OP
A

adammg

Tried emptying cache, reset Safari, tried Firefox (Mac version) and it doesn't work. But IE and Firefox both work in Paralells with XP. This is the strangest problem I've ever encounted with a computer.

OP
A

adammg

More information going into day 3. I looked into the activity Window while Safari tries to load a page and most of the time the page only loads a few outta of few, still getting half pages or no page. Status bar just kind of hangs up and page stays blank. Only page that'll display fully is google. Downloads work barely, exampe 14MB downloads estimated time is 7 days so yeah theres connection but non-exsistant pretty up. Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts?

Also have tried a reinstall of OS X, no change.

Adam

P.S. - I'mma go take a valium before I throw this thing out the window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.