Safari lagging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 500GB 4GB RAM
When I type in a new URL in the address line the progress bar stops just about all the way through the address. I have to click on the address line and press "Enter" for the web page to come up. The speedtest.net shows ping at 32 ms, download at 17.13 mbps and upload at 1.68. WiFi signal is at 80% (good).

Any ideas why I am experiencing this latency?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your connection speed has nothing to do with entering a URL on the Safari "go to page" line. Are you experiencing lag anywhere else? How about in your word processor or other apps?

M

MacInWin

chscag, I think from what he is saying is that his speed DOES impact what he is seeing. I think it's not the typing of the URL, it's the loading of the page that pauses. I've seen the same pausing, although it's only momentary. I suspect it's the browser downloading the linked images/ads/whatevers embedded in the HTML for the URL itself. His follow up action of clicking and pressing Enter "solves" the problem because the download completed during the time it took for that action and the page displays.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If that's the case, I misunderstood what he's seeing. Guess we'll have to wait until he responds again.

Reaction score
wireless is your issue if you want it it to load faster you kinda need wired internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And this is on what operating system?

Found similar problem on first release of Yosemite Beta but has been attended to under versions 3 and 4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.