Safari Jumping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
I have a new 27" iMac running OS X 10.6.2 and sometimes when I open a webpage, it automatically just jumps to the bottom of the page, any body know why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What do you mean by jumps to the bottom of the page?

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I open a page and as it loads it is normal but once it loads up it just shoots to the very bottom of the page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
So I'm guessing you are saying that the pages minimise on their own shortly after opening.... very strange.
Is this happening in any other browser?
Anyway, it sounds like a corrupt preference.
First off, quit Safari, go to user/library/preferences and delete com.apple.safari.plist and restart safari.
If this doesn't fix it, then I'd download the version of Safari that you are using again and install it (presumably the latest) and see if that works.
Apple - Safari - Download Safari - Download the world’s fastest and most innovative browser for Mac and PC

Post back with the results.

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tried that, seems to be working better now but it doesn't do it all the time but it is working good now. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Keep us posted.... as the next step would be uninstalling Safari completely, and using pacifist to reinstall it, but hopefully, the problem is fixed :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I have similar small problem, when safari is loading, i start to scroll down to bottom of page and then it will jump to the top then i scroll a lil more and it will jump back to the position at the point where it jumped to the top ????
Has got me. Has only happened with the upgrade to 10.6.2 so hopefully they will get a bug fix for the 10.6.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not getting any of this odd behaviour on mine.... 4.0.4 on 10.6.2
Did you scrap the preference file or update again to see if it fixed it?

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
actually, it is back to doing it again. just scrolling to random points on the screen right after the page loads, not a big inconvenience but it is annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't use Safari very often, hense I hadn't noticed this before now.
I use Firefox, but.. I wanted to see if I could get mine to mimmick the behaviour, which I just managed to do.
What i did was put in the link to this page, and it jumped down to around halfway down the page after loading.
It seems that this is a bug with Safari, and as Tattooedmac stated, hopefully this will be fixed with the release of 10.6.3 or with the next Safari update, whichever comes first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I don't use Safari very often, hense I hadn't noticed this before now.
I use Firefox, but.. I wanted to see if I could get mine to mimmick the behaviour, which I just managed to do.
What i did was put in the link to this page, and it jumped down to around halfway down the page after loading.
It seems that this is a bug with Safari, and as Tattooedmac stated, hopefully this will be fixed with the release of 10.6.3 or with the next Safari update, whichever comes first.

Yea here is fingers crossed. Its not annoying as such but a little inconvenient at times.
Dropping the .plist did nothing, dl safari 3 days ago so yep hoping a bug fix. Might have to go and play around with Chrome, or FF for a lil while.

@ 6string .... Easy enough importing BM and such ??

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to Firefox>View>Sidebar>bookmarks.
Go to Safari and click the little book icon underneath the back button.
Resize both the windows and put them side by side and just drag and drop :)

I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but it's so easy I haven't bothered trying to find them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool thnx man. Thought it would have been even easier than that "import bookmarks" lol will play around with it a bit later

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you can... and it is that easy..... you just go to File in the Firefox menu bar and select import.. and Safari will show up :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you can... and it is that easy..... you just go to File in the Firefox menu bar and select import.. and Safari will show up :D

Doh ..... Man not having the best day today ... My mind feels likes its in the 60's lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wasn't around until the early 70's, but my mind is in the 60's most the time, and it's really good there :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can't find as simple a method of the same from Firefox to Safari....
When I import bookmarks.html in Safari, I'm not getting squat other than an imported folder of not what I want :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I have similar small problem, when safari is loading, i start to scroll down to bottom of page and then it will jump to the top then i scroll a lil more and it will jump back to the position at the point where it jumped to the top ????
Has got me. Has only happened with the upgrade to 10.6.2 so hopefully they will get a bug fix for the 10.6.3

Do you use a Magic Mouse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wasn't around until the early 70's, but my mind is in the 60's most the time, and it's really good there :p
HAHA
Yep im so sure i should have been around in the 60's. Im a early 70's baby and for me its 20 yrs too late lol

Do you use a Magic Mouse?

No why that be mate ??
Is there some collaboration between the 2 causing problems ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
No why that be mate ??
Is there some collaboration between the 2 causing problems ??

Just wondering. I've heard from some that their scrolling goes whacky for a second with the Magic Mouse. It's been happening to me recently, but I believe it's just accidental.

Other than that, I wouldn't have any other idea, lol. Sorry man.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.