Safari + Java = :(

Reaction score
I have had my MBP for about 2 wks now and when I go to a site that uses Java, Safari locks up and I have to force quit it and FireFox does the same things once and awhile.

I have the latest version of Java, via the software update.

What should I do???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD
I had a problem that may be like yours.

When I first got my Macbook, I used Safari, to check it out. I eventually went back to Firefox. I went to Yahoo games, the game rooms never loaded. To make a long story short, it turns out that Firefox was running in Rosetta mode.

That might be something you can check out.

OP
E
Reaction score
Can I get more of an explanation, this is my 1st Mac so I don't know all the terms. I know Rosetta helps Intel Macs work with none universal programs.

Reaction score
In Safari's preferences have you enabled Java?

OP
E
Reaction score
I did the test and it says I am using an older vers 5.0.?, so I went to Apple's site and downloaded the one off of there and the sites seem to be working fine so far. I will try it again tonight and see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Well, if the test passed (regardless of how old it may say your JVM is) then Safari is not crashing. Some other website may be, but that's the website's problem, not Safari or Java.

OP
E
Reaction score
Well, if the test passed (regardless of how old it may say your JVM is) then Safari is not crashing. Some other website may be, but that's the website's problem, not Safari or Java.

It works 50% of the time then the other it locks up and I have to force quit Safari. That web site has never been an issue on my, [windows] computer.

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to MAC (loving it though)
I use Safari or Opera as my 2 main browsers on my G4 powerbook 17". I've upgraded it to the latest OS 10.4.10, with the latest java package as well.

It runs smoothly in almost all cases, but i cant log into my stock portfolio website. After i log in, the page just goes blank..nothign further.
Usually with my earlier Windows laptop, i also could not log-in using Safari for Windows nor with firefox nor with opera, only with IE.

Is there some way out??
Is there an IE for Mac. But y wont it the live quote load on safari.
This would be a bad start for a newbie like me... or maybe i'm missing somthing very obvious in the mac environement...
please help... i really need to get this working...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
hmm i have the same problem, well i belive its java related.

when i got my MBP www.buddyclub.com.au (aftermarket car parts brand)didnt load and crashed Safari and i had to force quit,
then after an update which i cant say which one, it did work.

then after d/l safari 3 and reverting back to Safari 2.0.4 cos it was
crashing MSN that site now wont load completely and i need to force quit.

according to the above link to test Java version i have version 1.5.0_07 is this the latest???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.