Safari Issues

Reaction score
I reset Safari to solve some issues and a new one has developed. I can't log into one of my online banking accounts. I get a message that my password or username is incorrect. I am able to log in using Chrome or Firefox (neither of which I like), but no longer with Safari. I can't find a solution. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

C

chas_m

A couple of suggestions:

1. Try turning off the "autofill" feature in Safari and see if that lets you put in your normal credentials.

2. Might want to open Keychain Assistant and see if the entry for your bank is correct, or just delete said entry outright. KA doesn't normally store bank logins, nor does Safari, but perhaps it doesn't recognize your bank site as being a bank.

3. Create a new Admin level account (or use the Guest Account), then log in using Safari from that there. Did it work?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you!!! Deleting all Keychain entries for that particular website - worked perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.