Safari Issue on iPad Air 2

Reaction score
AOL is a bookmark in Safari on my iPad Air 2. Problem is, every time I open AOL from the bookmark it crashes immediately. No other sites saved to my bookmarks acts this way. If I go to AOL through the Google app then save the AOL website to my home screen it opens through Safari and stays open 100% of the time. This also has been the case on the last iPads I have owned. It's just a strange thing to me that has bugged me to a point of I have to figure this out.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
For a first try - delete the AOL bookmark and then 'Force Close' Safari from the multitask screen - reopen Safari and create a new bookmark - if still unsuccessful, please post back - and I know that you may have already given this a try? Dave :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply RadDave. Yes I have done what you suggested. Actually several times. AOL acts the same way on my wife's iPad I'm told.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thanks for the reply RadDave. Yes I have done what you suggested. Actually several times. AOL acts the same way on my wife's iPad I'm told.

Well, since you've already tried my initial suggestions w/ no help, then difficult to advise? My added steps would be to go into Settings on the iPads, then into Safari and 'Reset....' there, but you'll lose a lot to be re-done; you could Reset the iPads; or go to the AOL website to see if this is an issue w/ the newest iOS versions?

I have the same iPad w/ the most recent iOS - in fact, I went to AOL, set up a bookmark which seems to work on my device - try a Reset of the iPad, if not already done. Let us know - Dave :)

C

chas_m

Chances are very high that you simply have a very old bookmark of Safari stored in bookmarks that is no longer functional. Just delete it and use the saved "web app" (for want of a better term, really it's just another form of newer bookmark) as you have been.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.