Safari flickering

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
I did a Repair Permissions exercise on my iMac 2 days ago and resolved a finder problem... it wasn't seeing my USB Devices. But now Safari is flickering in the URL area and also when I scroll up or down the slide bars on the side of the browser flicker.

I was having some issues with a USB drive not being accessible via Adobe CS4 Photoshop, and I did a repair permissions exercise at the suggestions of a member of the Adobe Forum. Did a safe boot as well and then rebooted again. Now able to see USB drives in Finder, but it seems to have opened a different can of worms.

There are millions of esoteric suggestions via Google on what could possibly cause this and also possible fixes. I'm not a a network or computer expert, I'm a retired senior who would like my iMac back to being somewhat stable LOL. I can follow directions if they are given in layman's terms.

I'm also trying to set up a new Brother wireless printer so we can print from our macs or our iPads. Mavericks seems to have eliminated or moved or hidden network utilities as well as my Airport Extreme utilities. But first things first... I'd like to stop this flickering as I think there's more to it than the weird flickering, but I hope I'm wrong.

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.