Safari browser cannot post comments in My Yahoo homepage anymore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
Prior to about 1 or 2 months ago,I was able to post comments to stories on my My Yahoo, homepage using my Safari browser. Not sure what changed, but I can no longer post comments. I can post comments using Chrome or Brave browsers. I would switch to Brave but I have many Bookmarks and Sub bookmarks that I don't know how...if it is at all possible...to switch over to Brave The bookmark section of Brave seems sparse compared to Safari.
Anybody using Safari have this problem?

Pete

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What macOS version is your computer running?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
High Sierra
Thanks. I was thinking if using El Capitan or earlier that might have been the issue. But High Sierra should be ok.

Any chance if you run "Software Update"...there might be a Safari update?

Nick

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Pete, if your old Safari version is no longer able to post to your Yahoo page you may have no choice other than to use another browser. The technology of web pages continues to evolve and browsers must evolve to keep up. As you are stuck on High Sierra you may not have that option.
If you are willing to swap to a different default browser such as Brave or Firefox you can simply export your bookmarks from Safari as a HTML file to your desktop then import said file into Brave.
You will find Export Bookmarks in the Safari File Menu and Import Bookmarks in the Brave Menu.

Having said that you might want to consider how many bookmarks that will be. If you, like me, have been using Safari since inception and syncing though iCloud you may well have hundreds of bookmarks, some of which will be redundant and others that you never use.

I tend to use Safari as a repository of all my bookmarks and when I start using a new browser I simply keep Safari open in the background and when I want to go to a known site on eg. Brave, I have two choices; I can just do a search for it or, open the site in Safari, copy the URL and paste it into Brave's search bar. Once there I can save the site as a bookmark in Brave.
This gives me an opportunity to reorganise my most used sites into appropriate folders on the new browser without the clutter of old, seldom (if ever) used bookmarks.

This is of course just my way of doing things and it may not suit you.;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Prior to about 1 or 2 months ago,I was able to post comments to stories on my My Yahoo, homepage using my Safari browser. Not sure what changed, but I can no longer post comments. I can post comments using Chrome or Brave browsers. I would switch to Brave but I have many Bookmarks and Sub bookmarks that I don't know how...if it is at all possible...to switch over to Brave The bookmark section of Brave seems sparse compared to Safari.
Anybody using Safari have this problem?

I can post comments just fine to Yahoo articles using Safari, however I see you are on High Sierra. Your version of Safari is likely just outdated for Yahoo's modern (modern... ahahahahahah!) commenting system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.