Safari 7.1

Reaction score
Safari updated last night to 7.1. Now my computer clocks all of the time. Is there a problem with this update? How do I fix the clocking problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Safari updated last night to 7.1. Now my computer clocks all of the time. Is there a problem with this update? How do I fix the clocking problem?

What do you mean by "clocks all of the time"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Updated the other day with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Do you mean " clicking " instead of " clocking " ?
Do you mean your keyboard is making a clicking sound each time you type a character ?
If this is the case, in System Preferences / Accessibility / Keyboard and next to " Enable Slow Keys " click options and verify the check box " Use Click Key Sounds ".

Cheers ... McBie

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
What do you call the color wheel that spins on the screen? You can't do anything on the computer when the color wheel (clocking) is there.:Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
What Mac do you have ?
What version of the Operating System ?
How much RAM do you have installed ?
How much free disk space do you have ?
Do you have the spinning beach ball in all applications all of the time or only in a few applications ?

If you launch the activity monitor application you can see if there is an application that is consuming lots of CPU cycles.

If you could answer these questions first, we can get a better view of what might be happening.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. The problem was only in Safari. I fixed the problem by resetting Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Well, that was anti-clickmactic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.