sacrifice imac for emac?

C

culturaldesign

i have 2 imacs - G3 and the G4 15" 700 Mhz, 128Mb one.

I'm a desginer, so need to use classic - but def. dont need two.

Frankly I'e bin very dissappointed with the new imac - I did get one of the first new shapes, but its slow, VERY SLOW (alot slower than my G3 indigo)
has graphics problems and all sorts.

Its come to the point where I'm debating to sell the imac - give the other to my sis (the G3) and buy an emac.

is this a good idea? what do you guys think?

anyone know how the emac compares to the imac's?

OP
J

JazzTrpt

eMacs are great.....the only difference I am aware of without comparing the specs is that the eMac has a CRT monitor whereas the iMac has an LCD display. Go to Apple's website and compare the specs but I think that the eMac offers the same power for less money.

OP
M

Mandark

culturaldesign said:
i have 2 imacs - G3 and the G4 15" 700 Mhz, 128Mb one.

I'm a desginer, so need to use classic - but def. dont need two.

Frankly I'e bin very dissappointed with the new imac - I did get one of the first new shapes, but its slow, VERY SLOW (alot slower than my G3 indigo)
has graphics problems and all sorts.

Its come to the point where I'm debating to sell the imac - give the other to my sis (the G3) and buy an emac.

is this a good idea? what do you guys think?

anyone know how the emac compares to the imac's?

Hi, I have a new 17" iMac with 256mb ram, I think its slow as well...but liveable...I was told to upgrade the ram to at least 512 and I would see a difference, Im sure yours with only 128 needs an update, I would first give that a try then sell it to me if it dont work, lol...Dino :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.