Run Windows On Apple Silicon Macs...Free!

Reaction score
You can now run Microsoft Windows on your Apple Silicon-based Mac...for free!

UTM (free from GitHub, $10 from Mac App Store)
Instructions:
(Allows you to run Windows on your Macintosh! It even works on Apple Silicon-based Macs!)

Reaction score
You can now run Microsoft Windows on your Apple Silicon-based Mac...for free!

UTM (free from GitHub, $10 from Mac App Store)
Instructions:
(Allows you to run Windows on your Macintosh! It even works on Apple Silicon-based Macs!)
Yes it’s very good. I’ve had Windows 11 and a variety of Linux distros VMs running for a few months now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
UTM also allows you to use it as an emulator... i.e. run Intel Windows on Apple Silicon. I tried it once and yeah, it worked, or wanted to. It was PAINFULLY slow, which was to be expected since it has to emulate the hardware.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacOS Sonoma
To avoid using a painfully slow version of Windows using Intel Code, you need to switch to using ARM64 code version of Windows 11 which will run at full speed on your Mac using UTM or Parallels Desktop:

There is a growing list of apps you can run on ARM64 version of Windows:

Reaction score
hey kind folks could you please help me with a VM that can run webcam as well

I have tried VMware and UTM both fail to load the integrated webcam on my MBA M2 15inch

for now I am hanging on parallels 15 day trial period and trying hard to find a cheaper alternative

Reaction score
The UTM solution seems to have been a game-changer for many users. For those who might be interested, it's worth considering that UTM offers a free version on GitHub or a $10 version on the Mac App Store, providing flexibility based on individual preferences and needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.